Tonight’s dinner is heavy on the summer! Hello steak and potato skewers.
Everything you want for dinner is right here on this little skewer. Well, except for dessert. I suggest making some cobbler for that. But otherwise? Everything is right here – the steak, the potatoes, the veggies!
AND THE SAUCE!
Seriously, look at this green sauce. Chimichurri for the win!
The key to perfect steak and potato skewers? Parboil the baby potatoes first. It doesn’t take too long and it’s even something you can do ahead of time. Like on a Sunday for meal prep. Boil the potatoes until slightly tender, then store them in the fridge until you’re ready to use. Easy as that!
(p.s. I also do that with my crispy smashed potatoes. It’s a lifesaver.)
The filet, potatoes, peppers and onions don’t need much more than the salt and pepper. Combined with the smoky flavor of the grill and the rosemary chimichurri that we drizzle on top, these end up with TONS of flavor.
Now let’s talk about that rosemary chimichurri!
I’ve made chimichurri a bunch on the blog. I’ve never even trashed it up… until now. And you may remember that until fairly recently, I didn’t love rosemary. It wasn’t until the last year or so where I really started to enjoy it. Especially in these hot summer months, fresh from the garden.
And I knew I wanted some sort of “different” sauce that could go with steak and potatoes. Something light and summery, something ridiculously flavorful that could add a lot to the skewers.
THIS IS IT.
Rosemary is pretty strong, so this chimichurri doesn’t require a lot. The main herb here is still parsley, then I add a bit of oregano too. I leave out the cilantro in this one because I really want the rosemary to shine, and boy oh boy does it.
Must must make!
Steak and Potato Skewers with Chimichurri
Filet and Potato Skewers
These steak and potato skewers are a complete meal in one! Serve with chimichurri for the ultimate flavor explosion. These are delicious!
- 1 pound baby yukon gold potatoes
- 3 (4-ounce) pieces of beef tenderloin/filet
- Olive oil spray
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 bell pepper, (cut into pieces)
- 1 red onion, (cut into pieces)
- ¾ cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, ( minced)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Start by parboiling the potatoes so they grill quickly with the filet. Place the potatoes in a pot and fill them with cold water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then boil for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to high. It should be between 500 and 600 degrees F.
- While the grill is heating, cut your filet into chunks. I like to use the baby potatoes so my filet chunks can be roughly the same size. I then also cut my peppers and onions into the same size chunks.
- Skewer the steak, potatoes and veggies. I personally like to do 2 to 3 pieces of filet, 2 potatoes and lots of veggies on each skewer. You can make them however you’d like!
- Spray the skewers with olive oil spray and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Place them on the grill and grill on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, for a total of about 8 minutes. Remove the skewers and let them cool for a few minutes, then serve immediately with the rosemary chimichurri.
- Combine the parsley, oregano, rosemary and garlic in a food processor and pulse until small leaves and pieces remain. Add in the vinegar and pulse once more. With the processor going, stream in the olive oil and mix until just combined. Stir in the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Taste and season additionally if needed. Store sealed in the fridge for up to a week.
I can taste them right now!
The post Grilled Filet and Potato Skewers with Rosemary Chimichurri. appeared first on How Sweet Eats.